HP Officejet pro 8715 Fax Setup
How to fax a Document
Send a fax from the ADF
- To hp ojp8715 fax setup first, Loading the original in the ADF tray. Verify the condition of the original, and then replace any ripped, dusty, curled, wrinkled, or bent paper.
- Slide the paper width guides for proper placement. Keep the original print-side up. Insert the pages in the HP Officejet Pro 8715 ADF tray so that the top corners of the document goes in first.
- Slide the paper into the ADF tray until the printer detects the paper and shows a message on the control panel.
- Slide the paper width guides inward until they stop at the edge of the paper. Do not push the guides in so tightly that they bind to the paper. On to the printer control panel, touch the Fax icon
- Use the numeric keypad to type the fax number in the Enter fax number for hp ojp8715 fax setup. Touch Black or Color and click ok
Send a Fax from Scanner glass
- To hp ojp8715 fax setup for Scanner Glass first remove all originals from the ADF input tray.
- Open the scanner lid, and then load the original print side down on the left, back corner of the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner lid.
- On the printer control panel, click the Fax icon
- Use the numeric keypad to type the fax number into the Enter fax number.
- Then Touch Black or Color.
- Touch Fax from scanner glass. The printer sends the fax.
HP ojpro 8715 8715 Receive Fax
Receiving a fax automatically
- Ensure Auto Answer is set to On and ensure rings to Answer is set
- Press the Setup button and press the right arrow button to select Fax Settings, Answer Options, Answer Options, Auto Answer, on and then press OK.
- If needed click the Cancel button to return back to the main menu.
Receiving a fax manually
- Ensure that the unit is switched on and that paper is loaded to the main tray. Remove any originals from the document feeder tray.
- On the hp ojp8715 fax setup Set Auto Answer to Off
- If on the telephone with the sender, instruct the sender to press Start on their fax machine.
- When fax tones are heard from a sending fax machine, do the following:
- Press the left arrow or right arrow button to select Fax B&Wor Color Fax.Press the Start button.
- After the unit starts receiving the fax, it is possible to hang up the telephone or remain on the line. The telephone line remains silent during fax transmission.
Block Unwanted Fax Numbers
Step 1: Set the junk fax mode:
- Press Setup and click the right arrow to select Basic Fax Setup, Junk Fax Blocker Set Up, Block Junk Fax, and then click OK.
- When the window gets prompted, click1 for Yes or 2 for No.
Step 2: Add unwanted numbers to block
- Click Setup.
- Press the right arrow to select Basic Fax Setup then press OK.
- Select the right arrow to select Add Number to Junk List, and then click the right arrow to select Number and then press OK.
- You can also enter the numbers manually and you can block in the same manner that is described below.
- Touch the right arrow to swipe through the numbers from which you have received faxes. When the number you want to block appears, press OK to select it.
HP ojpro 8715 Digital Fax
Digital Fax Requirements
- Should have the full-feature software and drivers installed.
- Only black-and-white faxes are to be saved to the computer. Color faxes are automatically printed, but not saved to the computer.
- The administrator computer (the computer that activated HP Digital Fax) must be on at all times and should have username and password
- The folder specified to receive the incoming faxes should have full read and write access.
- The destination folder’s computer or server must be on at all times. Ensure that the printer does not run out of paper.
Setup for Digital fax for Mac
- Click HP Utility. below Fax Settings, click Digital Fax Archive.
- Click next to Save to Folder. Click Choose Folder, and select the folder where you would like to save received faxes.
- Select whether or not you want an Incoming Fax Notification, which is on by default. Click Apply.
Setup for Digital fax For Windows
- To HP Officejet pro 8715 digital fax setup, Open the printer software on your desktop.
- On hp ojp8715 fax setting, double-click Fax Actions, and then double-touch Digital Fax Setup Wizard.
- Click Digital Fax to Email Setup (say)
- Give the email address to which incoming faxes should be forwarded.
- Then Click PDF or TIFF file format for saving the received fax files.
- Click Yes or No to print received faxes on its own.
- The wizard will either automatically detect the SMTP email addresses found on your computer or you can specify the address you want to use.
- Click the desired Fax Polling Interval, that checks for incoming faxes to forward to email.
- Ensure that the SMTP server and SMTP port information is correct.
- Enter the information required for email log-in authentication.
- Click Next and Click Save and Test to test the Digital Fax to Email setup.
123-hp-com-ojp8715.us is an independent service provider of tech support for third-party products. Any use of third party trademarks, brand names, product, and services is only for reference and to furnish information. If your product is covered by warranty, the support service may be available for free from the manufacturer. We disclaim any ownership in, right to, affiliation with, or endorsement by unless stated. Users are advised to review our policies before using our Web site.The Printer Driver for HP Officejet Pro 8715 can also be downloaded from 123.hp.com/ojp8715